Allegany Franciscan Ministries’ FY23 Tau Grants will support unrestricted general operating/capacity building needs for organizations that provide services to the following marginalized groups: BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), LGBTQ+, and/or persons with disabilities. People of Color refers to any racial or ethnic group or population that identifies as non-white.
To be considered for funding all of the following criteria must apply to the organization:
-The organization did not receive Tau Grant funding in Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 – Spring 2022
-At least 50% of the organization’s population served falls within the marginalized groups identified
-At least 25% of staff leadership or board includes individuals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, or persons with a disability
To be considered for funding, the project must align with Catholic social teaching, and the organization must meet the following basic requirements:
* Have received a ruling from the Internal Revenue Service confirming its exemption from federal income tax under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
* Serve residents of one or more of the following counties: Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Martin, Hillsborough and Pinellas.
* Be willing and able to comply with all requirements of the Allegany Franciscan Ministries Grant Agreement (see sample agreement).
* Organizations with an operating budget of $2 million or over are not eligible (this includes hospitals and universities).
* Not available for individuals, public agencies, capital projects (buildings, van/automobiles, etc.), or endowments.
* Not available for organizations who have received Tau grant funding in Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 – Spring 2022.
We anticipate making up to 35 grants total with individual grants up to $15,000 for a one-year term. There will be an equal amount of funds allocated for both cycles.
A maximum of one request can be submitted per organization for the fiscal year.
If a prior application from the organization has been declined, we strongly recommend you speak with Brittney Frazier, Allegany’s lead for Tau Grants, before submitting another request (see contact information above).
Receipt of the application will be confirmed by email.
Application Available – August 29, 2022
Deadline – October 7th @ 12 pm (noon) * Note: date extended due to Hurricane Ian
Decisions Announced – by November 11, 2022
Application Available – January 23, 2023
Deadline – February 24, 2023 @ 12 pm (noon)
Decisions Announced – by March 31, 2023