Request for Proposals
Agreed Upon Procedures
Proposed Contract Period: December 1, 2023 – April 30, 2024
Allegany Franciscan Ministries (Allegany) is rooted in the tradition and vision of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany, providing grants and working with community partners primarily in Florida. In addition to awarding grants, its staff and volunteers work collaboratively with community partners and other funders to create healthier, safer, and more connected places where everyone thrives. A part of Trinity Health, its mission is to serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within communities served.
Purpose of the Request for Proposal
Trinity Health is audited by an independent firm that analyzes those activities Allegany Franciscan Ministries does not control such as payroll and investments. As a result, instead of engaging a firm to complete a full independent audit, Allegany’s board has approved an annual review of certain Agreed-Upon Procedures (AUP) to assess Allegany’s risk potential and to ensure procedures are being followed. The AUP would review Allegany’s most recent fiscal year (FY23 – July 1, 2022 thru June 30, 2023). Allegany is seeking to evaluate new auditing firms to perform the Agreed-Upon Procedures, which would provide a “new set of eyes” and perspective, ensuring objective, thorough reviews. We welcome and encourage all qualified vendors to apply, and are committed to provide vendors led by women, and persons who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and/or persons with disabilities equal access to opportunity for participation in this RFP process.
Proposals shall be submitted as a flat fee not to exceed $6,000.
Scope of Work
The AUP engagement shall be conducted in accordance with attestation standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. The procedures to be completed shall include:
• Review of Internal controls
• Financial Statement agrees to the General Ledger
• Cash Testing – receipts and disbursements
• Asset testing
• Grant testing
• Expense reimbursements
• Analytical procedures
• Recommendations for Scope changes as applicable
Responding to the RFP
Firms interested in responding to this RFP should submit the following materials by 5 pm on Friday, November 1, 2023:
• One page overview of the Firm
• Detailed overview of Firm’s approach and ability to meet the scope of work
• Description of experience with non-profits
• Key personnel for the contracted work
• Three references
All submittals will be evaluated in accordance with the following factors:
• Comprehensive description of approach to accomplish scope of work
• All-inclusive budget
• Reasonable timeline
• Past experience in nonprofit Audits and AUPs
• Identification of essential personnel
Agreed-Upon Procedures Timeline
• October 18 Release Request for Proposals
• November 1 Deadline to receive Proposals
• Week of November 13 Selection notifications
• Late – November Accountant submits Engagement Letter
• March/April AUP presented to Allegany Stewardship Committee
Materials should be submitted via email to:
Faith Pullen, Vice President of Operations at email@example.com.
Please include “Agreed-Upon Procedures RFP Proposal” in the subject line of your email.
Please Contact Faith Pullen, 727-507-9668 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or clarification.